Net-Jam

Killstreak Changes

Killstreaks are broken! Stupid admins, fix them!
     No. They're not broken and they're not going back to the way they were.

Why change them now after all these years?
     Because now is when it happened.

What actually changed is that Killstreaks no longer feed into future Killstreaks. Meaning that kills from an airstrike no longer count toward a Helicopter, or Helis to airstrikes or UAVs etc, etc... Gunplay gets Killstreaks. This was done for the same reason we removed the 3xGrenade perk. The server isn't meant to be meat-grinding rape machine. So your days of chaining airstrikes on Bog are a thing of the past.

If you think beyond your own KDR and about gameplay, it makes sense. But the people complaining about the changes are probably too busy camping spawns to bother themselves with something like the concept of a fair and balanced game.

Complain below.

""Don't quote my quotes!" - Fruits" - Rattle

I noticed this recently, it makes sense I think. Although chaining airstrikes seemed pretty rare and like you said mostly happens on Bog. I kind of dislike the killstreaks in general besides radar, sometimes there's not a whole lot you can do to prevent getting killed by an airstrike or helicopter. I do really like the lack of 3x frags, grenade launcher and martyrdom. Explosives are lame imo.

On an unrelated note, I was wondering if you guys ever change the map rotation/frequencies? A lot of maps I like such as Countdown, Creek, and Downpour are almost never played. I'm sure some people hate those but it gets kind of tiring playing Broadcast and Strike constantly. Also, have you ever tried/considered trying custom maps? Might be fun to get some new maps in the rotation.

Anyways, thanks for hosting this server. It's really nice and it's crazy to me that I can still log onto this old ass game and have people to play with. The game would probably be dead without well-managed servers like yours. 

We are looking at tweaking the map weights a bit (Pipeline seems to be oddly common), but this should answer your questions about the map situation: https://net-jam.com/faq/#2-4

I appreciate you saying so. We have been thinking about putting up additional servers, but the modes and/or mods are undetermined. You're welcome to chime in.

Ah okay, makes sense regarding maps. I've really no idea what people's map preferences are like on average (besides people hating Wet Work I think?) Can the game population really support adding new servers? I imagine the playerbase is only shrinking over time. If it can though, that would be sweet. No ideas what would be fun in a new server, maybe a snipers-only or a jump map server? 

• 3 weeks later...

I support this 100%, particularly because @LuNaR has made it so Heli's go straight for me first (you bastard!). Threw me off at first when I didn't get a heli with a couple of kills from an airstrike, but figured this was the case. Kudos on making this happen! I'd say 10 years late, but I really enjoy this change.

YOSHI.gif

7 hours ago, SqshyYoshi said:

I support this 100%, particularly because @LuNaR has made it so Heli's go straight for me first (you bastard!).

I genuinely can't tell, but if this isn't a joke, imaginary heli discrimination will be the least of your problems...

Noticed it and is a good change. Dragon also suggests putting grenades/flashes on something like a 10 second cooldown after you spawn. Many times people just spawn and instantly throw those two before shooting their gun, and if they die during those two, repeat.

5 hours ago, SqshyYoshi said:

A complete joke.. unless it's true.

I hate how many levels this works on...

For the record, we have never touched anything to do with the helicopters or their logic. Don't know if we even could.

• 1 month later...