Net-Jam

I NEED a new dodo!

So, I'm getting pretty tired of my old profile picture and thought about drawing a new one. I sketched out some ideas last night and narrowed it down too two ideas, and wanted you guys to pick which one you like better?

(Here are the two)
8ce6ea301380ee106891fe33170be58a.jpg

(And here are a couple of my first sketches)
9bc96a95f846abdc9056fbd609f49142.jpg

(And this is my old dodo)
0bee57b5474bc23a506ef448178fb86a.jpg

Also I'm not sure which media I want to use: pencil, pen, or paint (and if paint, what color)?
Anyway I would love to hear any ideas or tips! :)

-DoDo

DoDo out

I like them all Dodo, including your old one. I agree with Siege that a juggling Dodo bird is dynamic and cute. That would be my pick too. Just be sure to make those letters nice and clear. As for media, have you ever used Photoshop or Illustrator? Once the line work is done, experimenting with fill colours is easy. Mr Doubletap could help you with the details of how to do it. Only a suggestion. Whatever you did on your original worked well so use the same method. Colour? What is your colour? Use that and make it yours! Nice job, Dodo!

I know it's not always available but, whenever possible, draw on clean unruled paper. Then your lovely drawings are not affected by the lines. My wife designs her stuff on lined paper and it drives me crazy, lol!

Boards

Thanks everyone! I'm going to take the juggling dodo and the triangular dodo and try out some different colors and designs with Microsoft Paint, and then post them.
Boards- unfortunately I don't have Photoshop or illustrator. Also Boards, I have a 3 inch stack of blank paper right in front of me, but I always think I will be wasting it so i do it in a $0.99 notebook and I usually end up hateing myself after lol.
Interesting idea Elephant, I'll try and sketch out!

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate your advice!

DoDo out

Thanks everyone! I'm going to take the juggling dodo and the triangular dodo and try out some different colors and designs with Microsoft Paint, and then post them.
Boards- unfortunately I don't have Photoshop or illustrator. Also Boards, I have a 3 inch stack of blank paper right in front of me, but I always think I will be wasting it so i do it in a $0.99 notebook and I usually end up hateing myself after lol.
Interesting idea Elephant, I'll try and sketch it out!

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate your advice!

DoDo out

So, after messing around with Paint for three days :drool: I came up with four different versions of the juggle dodo.
ace59b6c2c19655e9714ff0a48cad7e1.jpg
And the triangular one.
1c0723013a105bc04de4157226596153.jpg
None of these are really finished- just a basic idea too see what looks best.
Anyway which one do you think looks better? any suggestions?

DoDo

DoDo out

I like the fourth one on the right. I reduced it to the size it will be as an avatar and it still works. Are you designing it in a circle the way it will be seen? If so, good. Punch up the ball size and make sure that those letters still read at a small size. Make them bolder if you have to. You can have different versions for different sizes each having their own tweaks. Nice job Dodo. Great colours and they look dynamic.

The last one...(unknown suggestion)...or should I call it the, "help I've fallen into a book and can't get out Dodo", is a bit less active. You did a great job on it but, it doesn't have the charm of the others. Sorry Gryph. I'll shut up now. Nice work Dodo!

Boards

Siege, do you mean the second juggling dodo? Or the triangular bookmark dodo? Lol

Boards- I'm leaning towards the purple one too, and i like the orange/red one. No, I actually wasn't thinking about making it a circal shape- but that's a good idea. The balls were just place holders, I'm planning on makeing the dodo juggle the D's and O's.
Thanks for the advise Boards!
"Help I've fallen into a book and can't get out Dodo" LOL I'm kepping that name!
I'll work on it some more and see if I can bring it to life, and make it not so bookmark like. ;)

Alright siegey, here is you Net Jam colored one with some camouflage. (Although i don't think the camouflage turned out so well)
I also took the orange/red one and inverted the color on it which I thought looked pretty cool.
5edb949ecb97d84c83820b834496815e.jpg

DoDo

DoDo out