Net-Jam

Backstreet Boys Boards

As I mentioned, the Backstreet Boys released a song called "Drowning" in 2001. The music video for this song was directed by a very talented and accomplished Scot named Paul Boyd. Paul had worked with me before and asked me to do the boards after briefing me on his concept. I think I had about one day to complete the storyboards. All of the performance shots for the video were of the Boys against greenscreen and had to be done in one day. The background scenes were added in post production. Here are the boards and below them the music vid for "Drowning". I hate the drawings now, they are awful! You can only do so much in a day!

BSBGroup-1_zpsf5545460.jpg

BSBGroup-2_zpsfaa14cbf.jpg

Unfortunately, the song and video were released just after the memorable 911 tragedy. Once reviewed, the producers deemed the video to be too dark and downbeat so it was shelved. A new video was shot by a different director called Nigel Dick. It was brighter, less moody and more appropriate for the nation's vibe at that time. A preview of Paul's video got out but, the entire original video was not seen by the masses until more recently.

Boards

Boards, these are amazing! You are really, really talented; I can't believe you did all that in one day! lol

That "shirt" was not only horrific, but hilarious! Haha

Again that was awesome Boards!

DoDo out

That's so awesome, thanks for posting Boards - I love seeing these posts from you. I can't believe you did that in a day! Very interesting to hear the background as to why another video was shot as well, thanks very much for sharing [EMOJI:https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0]

Wab
wrote:
Sweet Jesus! What a lovely storyboard. And what a HORRIFIC lace muscle tee - my eyes sting. I hope you weren't in charge of wardrobe, boards!

Elephant, I find it a little unnerving to see that you know the correct terminology for naming that particular sartorial article!

Boards

wrote:
wrote:
Sweet Jesus! What a lovely storyboard. And what a HORRIFIC lace muscle tee - my eyes sting. I hope you weren't in charge of wardrobe, boards!

Elephant, I find it a little unnerving to see that you know the correct terminology for naming that particular sartorial article!

Have you seen his avatar?

G1

""Don't quote my quotes!" - Fruits" - Rattle

• 2 weeks later...