Net-Jam

Canadia

As promised, please see the photo of Vancouver and an approximation of where I live. Thanks and yes, there are pizza places nearby so when you all come up here we can have a nice za together...Bomba too lol!

BoardsHouse_zps2ee440e5.jpg

Boards

Haha, thank you Boards! If I find a way to travel 3000 miles or so I'll take you up on your offer! Haha oh yes a lot warmer, but I think Vancouver beats FL in the rain department! :)

When i said "Canada" I ment Canadia. (I blame spell check) lol

DoDo out

Nice location Boards! A beautiful mountain to climb and a beautiful lake to enjoy yachting or canoes.. Oh...if I lived there.. I would climb that mountain every morning and enjoy a hot coffee at the peak with a biscuit.

Don't quote my quotes!

Vancouver looks like an amazing city Boards.
wrote:
Nice location Boards! A beautiful mountain to climb and a beautiful lake to enjoy yachting or canoes.. Oh...if I lived there.. I would climb that mountain every morning and enjoy a hot coffee at the peak with a biscuit.

Fruits, the longing in those words...

G1

""Don't quote my quotes!" - Fruits" - Rattle

Thanks Gryph. It is a great place to live. I am envious of your location as it is so warm and the beaches look wonderful. And...you have DisneyWorld! Fruits is obviously a more energetic person than me. If he wants salmon, he's better off getting it outside Vancouver. The BC salmon here costs more than it does anywhere else in the world.

Boards

Here is a view of Vancouver looking West toward Vancouver Island. On the right you can see the Lions Gate Bridge, named after two mountain peaks which are just out of frame. They look like lions lying down. The Lions Gate Film company names (both of them), are derived from this landmark.

VancouverLookingWest_zps3e15a05f.jpg

Here is a photo of the two "Lions" peaks which look down toward the bridge.

TheLions_zps9425e4b2.jpg

Boards

Thanks Wabdin. The term "Lions Gate" also applies to the first narrows in Vancouver harbour. This narrow is spanned by the Lions gate bridge. Robert Altman liked the name so much he used it for his company. There has always been a US-Canadian connection with it.

Boards

O Canada! Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide, O Canada,
We stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land, glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee;
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
  • 2 weeks later...