Net-Jam

pr!me

LtK

I am sure you have heard all the complaints, but he claims he has his contrast and brightness so high most people can't play at his settings, I upped my brightness yet I can't see all the people he sees, especially those with UAV jammer. Please keep an eye on this guy, thank you
  • 2 weeks later...
I see what you did there, Turbo.

Thank you for the report, Ltk. I assure you, we do keep a close eye on PR!ME.

To repeat what has already been said countless times, PR!ME is not cheating. If he is (he is not), it's something incredibly subtle that gives no practical advantage that the only way to know would be to physically stand behind him while he plays and see what he's seeing.

I know the saying seeing is believing, but that's not the only way to know something is there. You can hear someone talking to you without having to see that they're there. You can see the bend in the road light up at night and know there's a car coming from around the bend.

If you pay close attention his gameplay starts to make sense:

1. He pays attention to where the enemy team is spawning, and constantly moves towards those areas.
  2. He pays attention to where his team is currently located, and spawning. Knowing where both teams are gives a VERY accurate idea of where enemies will spawn.
  3. He pays attention to what his team mates are shooting at.
  4. He pays attention to sound and bullet tracers. (Bullet tracers are those occasional streaks of light you see coming from a player's gun) Bullet tracers and sound reveal player locations without fail.
  5. He moves. A lot. Players have a strong tendency to either full-on pitch a tent and light a campfire or beat around the bush moving slowly from place to place. Prime doesn't. He's almost always on the move actively seeking the next target. This catches a lot of people by surprise.
  6. He learns players' habits. Campers tend to camp in the same handful of spots. Rushers tend to rush the same corridors. Snipers tend to hold certain positions. Some players will always move away from their team, others will always try to stay together. By picking up on players habits, you can sometimes corner the enemy team.

In addition to above, I'm sure you've noticed that many players are not very observant. If you don't know what I mean, watch the demo you provided and see what happens when PR!ME stops to type in chat. In fact, I strongly encourage you to read through my list and then watch the demo you provided. Hopefully it will help you see things from a perspective closer to ours.

I'm also sure I've missed listing some other common tactics that give you an upper hand in any shooter game, without activating any sort of cheat.

Lunar-1.png

Lunar, I did not say he was cheating lol, I just said watch him lol. I have been accused of cheating myself as I shoot where tracers are coming from and actutualy hit the person thru smoke, etc. It was just a heads up, I have been admin on several servers and both have had strict policys of do not ban unless 100 percent sure. Thank you for responding, sir
  • 1 month later...
Hahaha so you guys now have a whole list to defend prime ? All you describe on your little list is what most cod players do anyways, nothing special not like prime is the only one following those COMMON SENSE rules. Now for number 7 can you please explain why prime is harder to hit than most prayers ? Now it could be simply that he has more RAM in his computer or a better processor, but either way it feels weird every time you shoot at that him, specially if you are firing from the hip, to hit prime feels like you have shoot him point blank while aiming down ur sight, these type of hack is not something you can exactly record. Net-Jam also don't look at how many people complains about him over the years ? Oh everyone just suck right ? People who been playing this game for 10 years now and some of us who actually have real combat experiences just suck, we're all wrong. Wake up Net Jam every time I come here there are complaints about this person.
Let's step back for a moment here, shall we? I'll be going step by step, so please try to follow along.

wrote:
Hahaha so you guys now have a whole list to defend prime ?

No. Let's be clear, Prime is an ass. But we have, and will continue to say the same about any player who isn't hacking.

wrote:
All you describe on your little list is what most cod players do anyways, nothing special not like prime is the only one following those COMMON SENSE rules.

Following a general list of best practices and executing them well are two very different things. Much-less like a person who plays as frequently as he does and has for years.

wrote:
Now for number 7 can you please explain why prime is harder to hit than most prayers ?

I don't understand, there wasn't a #7 on Lunar's post and I'm not sure how hard you typically hit your prayers, but let's leave religion out of this.

wrote:
Now it could be simply that he has more RAM in his computer or a better processor, but either way it feels weird every time you shoot at that him, specially if you are firing from the hip, to hit prime feels like you have shoot him point blank while aiming down ur sight, these type of hack is not something you can exactly record.

This one is a doozy. In this 10-year-old game, the amount of RAM or type of processor (within limits obviously) makes little difference.
Shooting at him using "aim-down-sights" is the optimal way of killing a player in CoD4, given the accuracy improvements. So...?
As for being more difficult to hit, there is no hack in CoD4 that allows you to be more difficult to hit. What you're more than likely referring to is ping difference, with his being low and yours probably not.
Also, if you don't know what exactly a player is doing, and can't record it. How, precisely, do you know that person is hacking?

wrote:
Net-Jam also don't look at how many people complains about him over the years ? Oh everyone just suck right ? People who been playing this game for 10 years now and some of us who actually have real combat experiences just suck, we're all wrong. Wake up Net Jam every time I come here there are complaints about this person.

Neither the number of people involved, or the number of times submitted have any bearing on the accuracy of a claim. Nor does real combat experience lend itself to correctly spotting hacking in a video game.

Contrary to popular belief Prime has never donated to the server. In fact, he has been nothing but a consistent problem who has driven players away, but do you know why we haven't banned him and disagree when people say that he's hacking? Because we make a habit of only banning people that we can prove are hacking.

On the subject of experience, the more than a dozen people here who have spent an inordinate amount of time watching Prime specifically, have more time spent spectating players in this game than the people you mentioned have in play-time collectively. So yes, we know what we're talking about.

G1

""Don't quote my quotes!" - Fruits" - Rattle

You're clearly going out of your way to defend prime here even though I said may be prime is not a cheater and perhaps he has a good computer with lots of ram and a good processor that gives him advantage to which you said it was nearly irrelevant to an old game as this one even though I still can play old COD4 2007 game in 2017 computer. So 2017 computer software makes no different?
Gryphus you are name calling me "troll" and now you are saying I am "sticking my fingers in my ears and starting to rant and rave" which is not true I am honestly QUESTIONING prime and for that matter your servers transparency. So cut it out with the name calling alright ?
wrote:
No, our computers do not compute complaints about prime YOU WRONG YOU WRONG YOU WRONG YOU WRONG RED SIGNAL RED SIGNAL (COMPUTER VOICE) hahahahahahahaha
wrote:
Gryphus you are name calling me "troll" and now you are saying I am "sticking my fingers in my ears and starting to rant and rave" which is not true I am honestly QUESTIONING prime and for that matter your servers transparency. So cut it out with the name calling alright ?

Clearly. How could I have ever made such a mistake.

At no point have I defended Prime. I said he isn't hacking, which is a point of fact. I went through your post, which was barely a step above incoherent babble, and responded to every point made, or at least what passed for a point.

Calling out the server's transparency... See, this is where the 'name-calling' comes in. If you somehow don't realize that you're trolling, well, then, that may make it top tier trolling, I'm not quite sure.

You're the one going out of your way here. If you'd like to ignore my post, that's fine, but I'm not going to keep rehashing it till you actually comprehend it, or get bored.

G1

Speak of the devil, there was quite a number of players on that prime upset. Killed the server down to 10 or so people, then redcoats (I'm guessing he took a break and is back now) kept talking about prime as if prime wasn't on.

When he's dead, I noticed he takes quite a long time to respawn from time to time and yet spawns in with the same weapon. Sure, he could be grabbing a drink or talking on the phone (with friends?!?!) anyway, I conjecture If there was a number '7', it's that since the server has global cam on - I'd bet he is quickly cycling through to see through the eyes of the enemy team members playing to know exactly where they are and where they're coming from. Gryphus, I know from my recent and head-scratching experience of trying to see if you could get more maps to come up in the rotation (and it never happening), that you won't probably run with this suggestion. But I wonder if one day, cams could be set so that when you're dead and on a team, you can only cycle through live team members and not players on the other team? I'd bet you see some people switching back and forth to spectate but that would take more time to do regardless unless that action is somehow scriptable.

Honestly, if Prime didn't have such a big ego and come off to others like a prick, I'd bet he could 'ease their pain' a little better. Because of the way I've seen him talk down on others, I just don't intend on defending him anymore. Judging by what I've seen him do, I'd say he has smoke disabled at a minimum - the other day I was donning my stealth p90 silenced kit, UAV jammer kit, dead silence and didn't move a bit, laying prone inside a flaming barrel so you would not see me entering the area - I've killed SCORES of players from that spot until one of them returns to kill me. He had not been through that area yet - I watched him kill two players and I still didn't move a bit, then he looked straight down and shot me! I was amazed by this... I just said Whatever! then I think I left... which is how I think I'll handle this going forward.
Turbo, let me point out some severe flaws with your complaint here.
Quote:
But I wonder if one day, cams could be set so that when you're dead and on a team, you can only cycle through live team members and not players on the other team?

So, correct me if I'm wrong, you're accusing Pr!me of spectating people while he's dead instead of watching the killcam to get a jump on where people are at. Not sure if you've noticed this, but the server actually has force-respawn turned on. This means you cannot choose to just sit there spectating players instead of respawning. More specifically, the server forces you to respawn either after a 1 second delay OR after killcam ends. This means at the very most, Pr!me is watching players for 1 second. But that doesn't even account for enough time for him to first skip the killcam, and then get a grasp of which team he is spectating (spectator doesn't show that, only name) and a good idea of where they're at.
Quote:
When he's dead, I noticed he takes quite a long time to respawn from time to time and yet spawns in with the same weapon.
But wait, you said he takes "quite a long time to respawn". The only way this would work is if he is switching to spectator and then back to his team and not choosing a class. However, this completely nullifies your argument of having "global cam" disabled because this would mean he IS going through the effort of switching teams.

To be extremely clear here, as we have already been so many times even directly to you, Turbo, (Please, take this one to heart, Turbo) the only thing we are even remotely defending about Pr!me is that he does not cheat. No, we're not saying he's a pleasant person to talk to. No we're not saying you can't talk smack about him. No, we're not saying you can't complain and gripe about him. What we're saying is there has never been any proof (not even somewhat convincing) of Pr!me cheating in our server. Why you would ever defend his personality baffles me.

As for your final argument:
Quote:
I've killed SCORES of players from that spot until one of them returns to kill me
So what you're saying is you were camping a somewhat secluded spot killing a lot of the enemy team and you didn't expect anyone to notice? Unless you have some sort of cheat showing you where Pr!me is at all times (wallhack with names, maybe?) there's no way you can know he hadn't been through there or seen you in some way. Who knows, maybe he saw his teammates dying right there and drew conclusions based off of bullet tracers and where the rest of his team was. Maybe he just happened to have had the 1 in 24 chance of seeing you in there for that 1 second on "global cam" and because you weren't moving he came back to kill you.

I completely understand the hate against Pr!me. He really is an egotistical prick. What I don't understand is the hate against Net-Jam because we wont ban him for cheating.

Lunar-1.png

I am not hating on Net Jam, why would I since I consider myself a member of it still?

I will revisit what can be done while dead before respawn then respond to that later. I recall being able to quickly cycle through all the players to see where they were when I was checking this quite a while ago.

As I stated in the other post, I have a new way to handle players I'm not fond of from now on that doesn't involve anyone else nor will it cause any commotion of any kind.
Nice try to distort what I said Lunar, but no one here is hating on prime but rather is a problem of distrust towards the server for allowing a potential cheater to play for so long, notice I said (potential) I already discussed the possibility that prime just might have a lot & quality Random Access Memory (RAM) in his computer or may be a good processor which gives him an advantage. Let me put this in big letters -- I KILL PRIME NO PROBLEMS AND I KILL HIM A LOT a target that exposes himself a lot by running around too much is always an easy target, just pick a spot where you have to cover a single door or entrance BAM the job is done.
Now, what makes me think that prime could be a cheater is the fact he is nearly impossible to hit while firing from the hip and also seems to me he runs faster than other players, there is a cheat for that, also that's not exactly something you can record, so no I am not accusing prime of spectating people to figure their positions, that's called (ghosting) by the way, since you brought that up do you think he is doing that ;-) ?

Just so you know Lunar in our beloved version of Call of Duty 4 if you go to the expecting room and then clicks on a team but don't choose a class but rather clicks the backwards button the result will be your nickname appears on the team but voila you are still expecting, so that way a person can appear to be on a team but rather be in the expecting mode. Go ahead, try it out, let me know.
Lunar - I was speculating which is a far cry from accusing. I used that word as well, hopefully to let everyone know that I have no proof to make such a statement an accusation.

My usage:
"...I conjecture If there was a number '7'"

Copy/Pasted from online dictionary:
con·jec·ture
an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

No offense Lunar, but I will always defend myself if the meaning of my post is misunderstood. Likewise, I'll always apologize when I realize I was wrong about something.
wrote:
Nice try to distort what I said Lunar, but no one here is hating on prime but rather is a problem of distrust towards the server for allowing a potential cheater to play for so long, notice I said (potential) I already discussed the possibility that prime just might have a lot & quality Random Access Memory (RAM) in his computer or may be a good processor which gives him an advantage. Let me put this in big letters -- I KILL PRIME NO PROBLEMS AND I KILL HIM A LOT a target that exposes himself a lot by running around too much is always an easy target, just pick a spot where you have to cover a single door or entrance BAM the job is done.
Now, what makes me think that prime could be a cheater is the fact he is nearly impossible to hit while firing from the hip and also seems to me he runs faster than other players, there is a cheat for that, also that's not exactly something you can record, so no I am not accusing prime of spectating people to figure their positions, that's called (ghosting) by the way, since you brought that up do you think he is doing that ;-) ?

Just so you know Lunar in our beloved version of Call of Duty 4 if you go to the expecting room and then clicks on a team but don't choose a class but rather clicks the backwards button the result will be your nickname appears on the team but voila you are still expecting, so that way a person can appear to be on a team but rather be in the expecting mode. Go ahead, try it out, let me know.

So you're upset that we haven't banned "a potential cheater"? What?

You seem to know what RAM stands for, but do you actually know what it does? You could have a terabyte of RAM and it wouldn't make CoD4 run any faster.

I'm sorry, I can't finish this... That bit about hip-fire has triggered me to the point of spasms. I'm going to go convulse quietly, and probably break something.

G1