Net-Jam

MAP ROTATION

prime

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
There are 21 maps in CoD4. Two of which are inappropriate for more than 10 players, one is a seasonal variation and five, despite what people say, consistently drop the server population if not emptying it completely. Leaving 13 maps. Safe to say you will see the same map twice in two years.

As I stated in the other thread, the probability of those five maps coming up can be increased however they will never become fixtures.

G1

""Don't quote my quotes!" - Fruits" - Rattle

To the server population drops, most of those leaving are hiding in a corner of a map they do not know, or do know, waiting for the one perfect shot for 20 minutes that never unfolds. Making room for new players that may not like the repetitive 3 and 44 guy locking a team down to 1 spawn location.
Just playing the devils advocate on that remark.

I'll rephrase, I have not seen a "different" map come up in 2 years. With the current map rotation settings, there is no variation, its the same maps over and over again regardless of server population or probability of other maps coming up. Again something must be wrong, please check and see how many times the maps have shown up, the ones listed and asked for in 3 separate threads do not come up.

There is on occasion, or has been before it was taken away, a few admins that would change the map rotation manually.
Other than those few instances the rotation does not vary and can be easily set and tracked/mapped.
If it were randomly generated along a probability factor we would not be able to track every rotation
Example Current rotation = 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Random Rotation = 1 2 3 5 4 6 7 2 3 1 4 6 5 7 1 4 3 2 5 7 6
And we haven"t even added in for server population yet

The probability that we should have seen a new map must be set along the same odds of winning PowerBall or higher.
Ohh and safe to say if what you're saying is true something other than the normal 8 would have come up in the last 2 years, given that there's a map change roughly every 12 minutes and there is only 13 choices. I'm not doing the math on that over the last couple of years, but safe to say I'm sure that once in the 1.7 million map changes there would have been even a mistakenly chosen map out of order or different map...