Net-Jam

My New Gaming rig

Why would you want to overclock an i7 975 Extreme processor G1?. It will do and play everything that is asked of it straight out of the box.... are you an oc geek hahahahahaha......

Overclocking it will simply heat the cooling connections up more which will cause the connections to go brittle and crack sooner, and so spraying the hardware with coolant and ending all life as we know it lol.....

No need to overclock this CPU....

Steve-O
SG, just you wait! I shall be getting an AMD rig update soon enough with the 8-core ;)

I won't go in to exact details just yet, but it will match yours for what it's worth. Still deciding on whether to go Tri SLi or Crossfire. I am very partial to the nVidia products, but ATi seem to be making some pretty monster cards as of late.

Sweet rig though :d

It is not how hard we hit, but as to how hard we get hit and still move forward!

So much hate for AMD :cry:
Intel's are awesome, but on limited funds AMD's kick Intel's behind. And especially when over-clocking [EMOJI:https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f914.svg?0]
Either way, SG's rig is a beast!

/wonders how much it stung the wallet [EMOJI:https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f615.svg?v=2.2.5]

It is not how hard we hit, but as to how hard we get hit and still move forward!

Steve-O wrote:
Why would you want to overclock an i7 975 Extreme processor G1?. It will do and play everything that is asked of it straight out of the box.... are you an oc geek hahahahahaha......

Overclocking it will simply heat the cooling connections up more which will cause the connections to go brittle and crack sooner, and so spraying the hardware with coolant and ending all life as we know it lol.....

No need to overclock this CPU....

Steve-O

lol I have no idea what the stock clock on it is Steve-O. :p Just assumed with water cooling and all, that it would be.

To satisfy my curiosity, what is the clock for that CPU? I'm wanting to build my own sometime soon.

G1

""Don't quote my quotes!" - Fruits" - Rattle

pwnStar wrote:
Why do you have 24gb of ram?
If you've never tried it, then you know not of it's awesomeness.
Lets just say you'll cream yourself once you've tried it ;)

• 2 weeks later...
TRS80 with cassette drive, hercules monochrome 9" monitor here but I have the external screen enlarger so the actual size is just over 12 inches. It's a little blurry if I'm more than 4 inches from the screen but those three inches mean alot to me...right JD?(snicker snicker...jd...3 inches teeheeteehee)
Sgt_JD wrote:
I play on a commodore 64, 12 inch green monochrome screen, 30 minute tape drive, and still hand out a rightous spanking.

When you lay prone in the same position the entire map, CPU power is irrelevant..... :d

The Rules for a Gunfight:

1. Bring a gun. In fact, bring two guns. Bring all your friends who have guns.

2. Incoming fire has the right of way.

3. Flank when possible. Protect yours.