Net-Jam

Exciting News!

A few months ago I was looking for art competitions to enter online, which was actually harder then I originally thought. But eventually I found this art contest for students to get one of their pieces published in an art book if they were selected- which I thought would be pretty awesome, so I applied.
I decided to enter my Phantom Horse painting and a couple of months later I got a post card in the mail telling me that I was in the top 25% of the applicants to get accepted; and all I needed to do, was give my permission to have my painting published.
Obviously, I said yes!

f53be7747f0be0cc76cb8b6f31f5ea7b.jpg

I'm beyond excited to actually hold the book, but unfortunately that won't be for another 36 weeks or so lol... Oh well, I just wanted to share this with everyone. :d

DoDo out

As someone who painted all throughout highschool and for a few years afterwards, I completely understand what you mean lol.

Keep up the great work Dodo, you have no clue where you may be in a few years if you keep at it :)

iKMPQ1X.png

bLZiz52.png.ca67a5c2473e48d690a2bd9dcb31c9ca.png

Perhaps one day. I didn't start appreciating painting until later in highschool. With that being said, my time for painting has been lacking very much recently because of my parental duties :p I also left a lot of my supplies, including my grandfather's easel he built me, in Texas. It just couldn't fit in the truck.

I do plan on taking it back up since the internet here is so bad though. I'm hoping that it will encourage me to paint more often. If that happens, I'll post my progress in some of my work :)

BTW: Are you going to be compensated for this? Regardless, having your work publicized is awesome. Being paid for it is even better :p

iKMPQ1X.png

bLZiz52.png.ca67a5c2473e48d690a2bd9dcb31c9ca.png

I actually didn't start painting until I was in high school too. I can see that, painting takes up a lot of time. Mine are usually few and far between, like the last painting I did it took me 9 hours straight to finish, and 12 hours in total. That's a shame about the easel though.
I look forward to seeing it myth, good luck! [EMOJI:https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0]

Haha! Sadly no, I will not be compensated; however, if I rank in the top 10 I'll receive a $75 check and a free copy of the book. :happydance: So here's hoping!

DoDo out

Congratulations Dodo! That is fantastic! This is solid proof that you have real talent. It's great to have work published as it becomes "immortal" and will forever be out there. As myth says, keep an eye on what people do with YOUR image and be careful about signing away usage rights. That aside, you certainly deserve the recognition. Fly higher Dodo! Great job!

Boards