Net-Jam

HELP!

This just started happening today (3/31/15) the bottom half of my scope of any sniper rifle is pink and nothing I am doing is fixing it. My graphics card is new and should be fine as I am playing both this game and many others on max fps and performance and I even lowered the graphics to the lowest and the problem was still occurring. Here is a pic.

High tolerance for bullshit.

Does look like a GPU issue. Artifacting is the term for what you see there. Sometimes it only happens during certain parts of a game, sometimes on certain objects, and sometimes all the time. If it was the monitor we would see the picture fine compared to your view, and it's definitely not right.

Depending on how new your GPU is, try contacting the manufacturer because they have warranties. Just make sure you didn't overclock it after you got it and if you did make sure that it is set back to the stock clocks before you RMA it if that happens. Some manufacturers don't like people tinkering with the clock settings for the GPU.

Can also try making sure the drivers aren't the issue. Try rolling them back to the ones that you had before if you did update them. It could have been a bad driver.. but it looks like you're going to be replacing that gpu. Sometimes they just come from the factory with imperfections that cause this kinda stuff.

iKMPQ1X.png

bLZiz52.png.ca67a5c2473e48d690a2bd9dcb31c9ca.png

No this did not happen at anytime prior or after, I had just got done playing Dragon Age for a few minutes and everything was fine, played it on ultra with highest possible fps and no problems at all. Also I restarted my computer and it "fixed" it.

High tolerance for bullshit.

Might be a red flag, or it might be completely harmless. I'm leaning towards harmless, but it's always good to make sure everything is running as it should be. Because usually artifacting like this indicates that your gpu may be faulty/dying. Here are some examples of dying GPUs (it will look different for each case and can happen randomly or all the time): maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Do you pay attention to your GPU temperature in games? If so are they getting close to the max safe temp? If you don't I'd recommend downloading MSI afterburner & googling the safe max temp for your gpu. If it gets anywhere close to it, crank the fan up to like 60%.

Just keep an eye on it for the time being. Hopefully it was just some glitchy textures and it doesn't come back.

iKMPQ1X.png

bLZiz52.png.ca67a5c2473e48d690a2bd9dcb31c9ca.png