Net-Jam

Call of Duty: Black Ops ~ Actually looks half decent and fun....?

Hey guys/gals/cellutations,

I just got a link from a mate who's a CoD fan and gave me the heads up on a game mode for Call of Duty: Black Ops. It's called Wager FFA or something like that (can't remember much to being slightly tipsy after getting back from the local pubs) anyways. I had a look at the video on the page and it doesn't look half bad at all.

Wager offers 4-5 styles of game play each having a different style such as;

- Pistol with a single bullet, if you miss you lose the bullet and left with malee... if you kill the opponent you get their bullet.

- Round up is where you all start out with a pistol and progressively make you way up to the stronger guns with each kill. If you get knifed you drop back a weapon.

I thought it be interesting seeing as you play for cash, top three gets paid whilst everyone loses their wagers... Just a thought :d I might actually get this game now hehehehe

Anyways, here is the site.... http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/02/call-of-duty-black-ops-preview-put-your-money-where-your-multi/

The vid is halfway down ^_^ joyful viewing!

It is not how hard we hit, but as to how hard we get hit and still move forward!

• 2 weeks later...
This gametype does sound quite fun; however, I could see Treyarch killing it.

I could probably create a CoD4 mod for this gametype though, if anyone is interested. Could take me some time, though, because I have school, a job, and would have to re-learn the code for CoD.

How many people would be interested in this?

Lunar-1.png

I admit, for a Treyarch game, Black Ops does look good and is getting quite the hype. The problem is, the hype will die as soon as players get a chance to play it, I think. It'll probably turn out the same as WaW. Everyone will buy it because of the Call of Duty title (vCoD, CoD2, and CoD4) and then be disappointed and never religiously play it. I personally believe that now that IW is out of the picture (well.. Most of the credible members of IW) the Call of Duty series may be dead. We'll just have to wait and see the outcome of this legal battle between West and Zampella and Activision. If West and Zampella win the rights to the MW title, game engine, and technology, there may be more great games; however, I do believe that it will be very difficult for West and Zampella to create yet another new game that will top other games for gameplay.

Seems I've gotten myself into the perfect situation. If gaming ends up sucking I can always work extra and get more money! It's great setting your own hours! :d

Lunar-1.png