Net-Jam

my ownage cfg

[quote=sG[Suicidegirl]"]got this from a friend who is a comp player and i tried and it pwns

Config removed by Steve-O

Hey Suicide,

Just a heads up, but we do not allow custom config files on Net-Jam.

NJA-Phalebus

“We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.” - Sovereign Mass Effect

-|TLTMN|-Ninja wrote:
I would like to know how you think it gives an unfair advantage if anyone can use them?

Anyone can use hacks, as we don't use PunkBuster on our server, but you don't see us allowing them do you?

There are settings changeable in config files which make it possible to see things you wouldn't normally be able to see. For example, you can see through foliage that you normally wouldn't be able to. Therefore this is considered a cheat on the Net Jam server and will get you banned.

Lunar-1.png

umm if you would of seen the cfg its only a network tweaking cfg there is no foliage or whatever . its only a FPS CFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
but anyways please close this thread.

i will not be playing on this server no more. i will miss yalls but until i get a better video card i will uninstall cod4 or find another place to call home.

maybe start playing wolfenstein.
ta ta

“There are people who play games and then there are gamers.”

Femme Fatale Sig Final1.png

I can understand you not wanting that one setting but not the others that make the game run better.
And yes anyone can use hacks but that's not something that is part of the game.
Any of those commands are part of the game.
I can understand you not wanting the foliage to be turned off but is that not just like if you are in a dark map and you turn your brightness up to see what others can not?
A hack is not something changed in the game it is something that adds to the game.
There is a lot of setting that you can change in a config to help FPS/Ping without turning off foliage.

2lu3mhe.png

-|TLTMN|-Ninja wrote:
I can understand you not wanting that one setting but not the others that make the game run better.
And yes anyone can use hacks but that's not something that is part of the game.
Any of those commands are part of the game.
I can understand you not wanting the foliage to be turned off but is that not just like if you are in a dark map and you turn your brightness up to see what others can not?
A hack is not something changed in the game it is something that adds to the game.
There is a lot of setting that you can change in a config to help FPS/Ping without turning off foliage.

If you know what you're doing, there are many things you can do with a modified configuration which give an unfair advantage. Foliage was one of many examples.
No, this is not the same as increasing your brightness to see better in a dark area. Brightness is a setting that is intended to be changed based on the different monitors to provide the best viewing quality, hence why it's actually in the options menu. With the proper monitor you can see perfectly fine in the dark areas without changing your brightness settings.

There's more to hacks than just "adding" to the game. Some hacks also free up the ability to change many game settings which are not meant to be changed. There are built-in settings to CoD4 which drastically change the appearance of the game and make it possible to see things which are unquestionably not meant to be seen. These settings were put in the game to assist developers when it comes to creating maps and mods for CoD4. Many of these settings are protected by the game and there are hacks which unprotect such settings but do nothing else therefore not "adding" to the game.

With this attitude you're also arguing that because the setting to make UAV visible at all times with constantly (and instantaneously) updated player positions is in the game that it's perfectly legit and shouldn't be bannable. Luckily Infinity Ward saw this as inappropriate and made it impossible (without some sort of cheat) in the later versions of the game.
Quote:
i will not be playing on this server no more. i will miss yalls but until i get a better video card i will uninstall cod4 or find another place to call home.

Thanks for stopping by. Best of luck wherever you end up. Sorry you disagree with our "dictatorship"; however with that attitude I can't say you'll be missed much. Net-Jam has maintained its player base over the years by strictly enforcing the rules which have been in place since the beginning, and by providing a fun, family-friendly game environment. We are more than generous when it comes to the ban hammer and take every case into careful consideration before jumping to conclusions.

Lunar-1.png

lunar you don't have to write a book, rules are rules if that is how its done here . its your server and its your rule.
as for hacks that people use, best way to stop that is turn on punkbuster. i am sure you'll still get some in but you'll get most of them out.

on that note i cant say you'll be missed much either . :(

lets put this thread to rest.

“There are people who play games and then there are gamers.”

Femme Fatale Sig Final1.png

Hi sG,

We have good reasons for not using PB, ( It's not the saviour that a lot of players seem to think ) as we do for the modded configs. It kicks and bans too many innocent players, lags out the server to name a few......

Yes this server has leadership but not dictatorship. Our rules are simple rules that we have had since the beginning. Aplogies if you don't like them but our rules and consistency have made this server very popular.

Thread locked.....