Net-Jam

Skrrt - conversation in game - walls

Rotok

20-May-2023 between 4.10 pm and 4.37 pm (Australian Eastern Daylight Time) on maps Bog and Vacant.

During bog I lobbed a smoke grenade and let it cook before moving.    Whilst in the middle of the smoke Skrrt fired single shot with a sniper rifle killing me.   I noted this on the killcam and and no stage was I in his view prior to being killed.    After killing me he shot a second person (single shot again) who also was not in view in the killcam.  I queried him in game as to how he was able to do what he did.  He replied there wasn't any smoke.  when I told him there was he later rep[lied that he had adjusted one of the settings (in the game consoler) that removes most of the smoke.   When I asked him which one he did not reply with the type (I think by this time we were playing in Vacant).  During Vacant (just before 4.37 pm) he said that he had a config that removed the smoke.   After this he would not elaborate.

I am of the belief (like Rice) that Skrrt is using walls and this was another instance of this.   I am not aware of any way of removing smoke from the game.

For a full version of the chat you can see the log.    It took quite a while for the conversation to evolve.

Removing smoke is a ban-able offense. Without getting into the gritty details, there are numerous options which slightly change how the game renders, and this just sounds like a rendering difference to me.

Without a demo, there's nothing we can do.

Lunar-1.png

9 hours ago, Rotok said:

The conversation is enough to show he hacks once they look at it.

I did review the logs before my first post. Here's exactly what he said the config does: "wont remove smoke but make it softer." You can stop badgering him in game.

As I said,

On 5/23/2023 at 12:41 AM, LuNaR said:

...there are numerous options which slightly change how the game renders, and this just sounds like a rendering difference to me.

Without a demo, there's nothing we can do.

Lunar-1.png

thanks for looking Lunar.    I have asked him to upload a copy of the config via here.   That way I can use it as well.  I would love to not have smoke and be able to do what he did.   I will stay tuned and hopefully he is happy to share it.   Do you have any configs that takes the smoke away?