Net-Jam

Server Connection

If anyone has ideas as to remedy the following I would love to hear it!

Basically I cannot connect to ANY server. Net-Jam, my own, any others on the Internet.

When trying to connect I get the Waiting Connection count to 10/11, then it crashes out with the Error message "Server Connection timed out".

I have tried the increase connections to 60 seconds command. I have tried connecting on another installed version on a different PC. I get the same result.

Any ideas?
Now wouldn't that be funny! The modem was bonded to a third party VPN router, but I was having issues witht he router so sent it back. My ISP then reset the original modem/router to defaults...or at least they should have. <sigh> back to them I go. It is really odd though, why only this game?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Even later response!

I never tried connecting to a LAN server - I own another CAD4 server but tis a tad quiet there nowadays (would like to chat to you about that offline sometime if possible).

I had given up on playing again, but did a full factory reset of the ISP supplied router last week. After a bit of set-up I am now back online and playing on your server (have you not heard the groans!?!). It would seem that the router has also had a firmware upgrade so that may also have had something to do with it.
That sounds about right, good old ISPs... But I'm glad you got it sorted, welcome back.

If you'd like to talk, pop into TS sometime or shoot me a PM (I will see it eventually).

G1

""Don't quote my quotes!" - Fruits" - Rattle