Net-Jam

Super HIgh Ping and Slow Internet

So for the past 2 days i've been getting pings around 500-700 as opposed to the usual 30-40 I normally get. It's not only in COD4 but in other games too. Internet browsing seems to be a couple seconds slower when loading websites. I'm the only one using the internet. The wierd thing is, it's only happening to my computer. I ran an anti-virus check and also made sure nothing was updating in the background but nothing has changed. What should I do?

Thanks...

NXaMCfZ.png.8043bf631446c139c991f7271811ccf2.png

Might have been a computer or phone that was updating/downloading.

Be sure to check background processes to make sure on all of your computers until you find it.

You can save some time by going in the router's gui and kicking 1 computer off at a time until you stop lagging. If you can't find the menu to do it in, just disconnect the internet from 1 PC/phone at a time. Just run a speediest after each one you disconnect.

Once you find it, then just reconnect it and find out what is taking up so much bandwidth.

It should be easy, but sometimes its things you never think about. For instance, back when I lived in the city and had 60/5, for some reason my PC was throttling it to 30mb down. I thought it may be something on the ISP's side so I had someone come out. They charged me $60 to my next bill only to find out later that the Killer Network Manager program for my motherboard was the culprit. Shut it off and bam, back to 60 down.

iKMPQ1X.png

bLZiz52.png.ca67a5c2473e48d690a2bd9dcb31c9ca.png

Just noticed my phone autocorrected speedtest to speediest.. that sly little..

Anywho, let us know if you fixed it man. If not I can try to help further. I hope it's an easy fix because (I don't know about you) lagging is one of the only things that makes me want to drive my fist through the nearest object.

iKMPQ1X.png

After checking every computer in my house, I didnt see anything strange. BUT, I asked my parents if they knew what was up and my dad told me he had just finished uploading literally tons of pictures to his cloud account. This he said took days and nights to finish, which explains why I was still getting high pings at 4am in the morning when I was sure no one was using the internet.

My ping is back to normal now. Thanks again. I was about ready to uninstall every single program from my computer that I suspected of eating my bandwidth.

NXaMCfZ.png.8043bf631446c139c991f7271811ccf2.png

wrote:
After checking every computer in my house, I didnt see anything strange. BUT, I asked my parents if they knew what was up and my dad told me he had just finished uploading literally tons of pictures to his cloud account. This he said took days and nights to finish, which explains why I was still getting high pings at 4am in the morning when I was sure no one was using the internet.

My ping is back to normal now. Thanks again. I was about ready to uninstall every single program from my computer that I suspected of eating my bandwidth.

Alright man I'm glad it's fixed. Gladly he told you before you started uninstalling stuff :p

iKMPQ1X.png