Net-Jam

The Only Simulator You'll Ever Need

i KNEW you would get it Boards. Gryphus got it as well in teamspeak after many hints. :) The Director, Ridley Scott, also directed Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator, and Prometheus.

Just to clarify for all (who care), the iconic 1984 Apple commercial preceded the release of the Macintosh which would fundamentally change the course of personal computing history with it's GUI interface and friendly design. At this point Steve Jobs had been positioning Apple as the rebel fighters taking on the 1000 pound gorilla of industry that was Big Blue (IBM). Apple was the cultural opposite of IBM's stodgy businessmen in their suits and ties, and this advertisement was an expression of that, with a product meant to leapfrog the current status quo of command line computers.

Anyways, Half Life 2's trailer references this commercial because Valve decided to release it, and all of their future releases, on all platforms simultaneously. Since almost NOBODY uses linux (except Millspec), this essentially meant valve games for OS X. Alyx's crowbar flying through the screen alludes to the 1984 commercial and the Apple struggle to overcome the stranglehold of Microsoft on gaming. Go Valve.
I cannot take full credit Ele as I heard you guys discussing it between explosions. Gryph was right on with the date 1984. When I saw the trailer I knew exactly what you were talking about.

Nice puzzler Ele and a very erudite explanation of where it all began. Extremely well put!

Boards

I had a lengthy post about the type of person that would get this, but now that the cat has been let out of the bag and goosed. The best laid plans...

Ele is a pachyderm of his word though.

Spoiler: Show

G1

""Don't quote my quotes!" - Fruits" - Rattle