Net-Jam

Padre abusing his power....again

Casper, you have some sort of personality disorder.

I've kicked you at least three times in the past for using the curse words "God damn", the last time as recently as yesterday. I warned you prior to those kicks that you were cursing and would be kicked if you continued. I warned you today but you and your buddy Happy want to have an argument with me about whether the term "god damn" is a curse word. I told you more than once to let it go and to stop, you refused, you got kicked. The same thing will happen to you the next time you curse on the server, disrespect an admin or keep talking trash when told to be quiet over and over.

The Rules for a Gunfight:

1. Bring a gun. In fact, bring two guns. Bring all your friends who have guns.

2. Incoming fire has the right of way.

3. Flank when possible. Protect yours.

Padre has abused several people over the past few days, i was in the server when this happened. Padre is an abusing powerhungry child. And every post anyone posts complaining about him is magically deleted. Straw you need to look at this and check into padre. And thats complete bs, i didnt say anything about "god damn" being or not being profanity, i join the server and see padre abusing again so i tell casper just to shut up before padre abuses him like he does me.
In respect for Happy I am posting on this forum for a few reasons. I guess you can call me a regular on this server, I do play here often. Today when the "God Damn" argument took place, I, not Happy, was the one to question your knowledge of the meaning of "God Damn". First off, there is a language filter BUILT IN to the server itself so I see no reason for you to be taking charge of the curse word(s) department; Let the filter do it's job. Secondly, "God Damn", isn't a curse word at all. The meaning of the phrase is as follows:

God Damn: "Damnation" is the concept of condemnation by God resulting in a being's punishment. OR
An expression of anger, frustration, or surprise.

I see nothing wrong with saying "God Damn".

Abraham Lincoln: "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power."

I think we have a fine understanding of your character, Padre.
Oklies gents,

I am not often moved to get involved in a dispute that I am not directly involved in HOWEVER...

If you two rules lawyers would back up a minute and think WHY the no cursing rules are in affect. This server is owned and operated by a family business. Net Jam family internet cafe. I am the manager of the Simi Valley branch. The owner of the server has young children who play on this server, as do I. If I have to explain to my wife that the reason my son says, "Goddamn teacher should shut her gay mouth and bite my butt", is because all of these words are allowed by the built in filter, I will be very unhappy with the hair splitting simp who chose to test the limits of admin patience like a monkey grabbing at a banana just out of reach, overhanging a cliff.

Can you cuss and get away with it? Maybe...if you choose to keep trying to "get away" with grabbing at the banana, but you never know when the cliff is going to crumble and you take a tumble and get a boo boo.

Here's the fix, if you can't tell your mom " God damn you" if you can't scream at your wife, girlfriend, Dad or anyone else you wish to remain civil with, DON'T do it on our server. YOU ARE GUESTS here. THE SERVER IS NOT HERE TO CATER TO YOU. Do NOT piss on our couch and expect us to smile. EVERYTIME you choose to dance along the edge of what is proper and what is forbidden, you run the risk of greatly offending the owner of the server. You want to test his patience? Keep escalating this. Casper, we do not rely on the bot to do all the kicking because of language, each admin makes that distinction, I would admin differently if my kids are on than I would playing late at night.

If you want to needle an admin, if you want to spam chat with contentious sophistry about what constitutes vulgar/offensive language FIND ANOTHER SERVER. We will somehow survive.

If you want to play here and chatter, CHATTER on your own vent channel, use xfire to deliver your latest bon mots so that you may snicker behind your hand, WE DO NOT ALLOW SPAM ON OUR CHAT. If an admin has let chatter go previously and given you the impression we enjoy it, THEY WERE WRONG.

In answer to your statement God Damn is not a curse, you are incorrect. It is, in fact, the ultimate curse. If you want to be literal. If you are a spiritual person and you are commiting to call God's wrath on someone, to damn them to hell it is indeed a curse.

More later, my brain hurts.
Specify which 2 people, i was not part of the arguement all i did was tell casper padre would abuse the shit out of him for no reason so he needs to shut it before hes perm'd. Anyway thats not all, padre will purposely nit pick at the tiniest things you do in order to be able to kick and temp ban you. Hes an abuser. And two, if your parents are letting you play cod4, a modern WARFARE game, they are already bad parents. My parents wouldnt even let me play a T game til i was 14, a mature game i only got to play after i was 16. Most parents i assume are even worse these days, if you let your son play a game about warfare and killing people, even if you disable the blood its still about KILLING. Therefor curse words shouldnt even be frowned upon its a MATURE game. But im not saying i swear i follow the rules. Also "god damn" is only a bad thing if you actually think the bible isnt pointless and fake. So basically saying you cant say "god damn" because it offends religious people is keeping me from saying what i want to say because people worship a book and a made up person. Anyway this isnt even the point of the forum on SEVERAL and by SEVERAL i mean 5-10 occasions padre has abused REGULARS on the server for no reason at all. Like he did to me, he said "oh happy thought you were gunna play black ops" i said "sorry, not out for 10 days your stuck with me babe" and he banned me. Seriously? thats abuse, thats exactly why this post was made by caspersim. He does crap like that and then all the other admins back him up. Nice way to run a server.
As far as from what I saw, Casperism never directed his comment to anyone in particular. All he said was, "God damn it.". And as far as what you said about your son cursing out the teacher and your wife asking, "Well, <insert your name here> where did little Jimmy get this from?" What are you going to tell her? ~ "Oh relax sweetheart, I just let him play on Call of Duty: Modern WARFARE."

Last time I checked the ESRB for this game was: [Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language]

The game box its self tried to warn you.

A young girl was trudging along a mountain path, trying to reach her grandmother's house. It was bitter cold, and the wind cut like a knife. When she was within sight of her destination, she heard a rustle at her feet.

Looking down, she saw a snake. Before she could move, the snake spoke to her. He said, "I am about to die. It is too cold for me up here, and I am freezing. There is no food in these mountains, and I am starving. Please put me under your coat and take me with you."

"No," replied the girl. "I know your kind. You are a rattlesnake. If I pick you up, you will bite me, and your bite is poisonous."

"No, no," said the snake. "If you help me, you will be my best friend. I will treat you differently."

The little girl sat down on a rock for a moment to rest and think things over. She looked at the beautiful markings on the snake and had to admit that it was the most beautiful snake she had ever seen.

Suddenly, she said, "I believe you. I will save you. All living things deserve to be treated with kindness."

The little girl reached over, put the snake gently under her coat and proceeded toward her grandmother's house.

Within a moment, she felt a sharp pain in her side. The snake had bitten her.

"How could you do this to me?" she cried. "You promised that you would not bite me, and I trusted you!"

"You knew what I was when you picked me up," hissed the snake as he slithered away."

As far as all these metaphors, the point is you should have known what this game was about and thought to yourself, "Hmm, is this game going to be appropriate for my child?, Should I really subject my little boy/girl to such violence and unjust behavior at this age?"

Happy, you need to thread very carefully, you been banned before for not following instructions, being rude and continuing on when told to shut up.... best thing you can do, is wait out these 8 Days you keep telling me about in xfire for Black Ops, on another server....

ive said it once, i will say it again.....

its a simple solution,

there are THOUSANDS of other servers to play if you dont like how Net-Jam is ran...
The rules are there for a reason. This is a private server and you are allowed here at the descretion of the owner. He has appointed admins to follow his rules. The admins are answerable to Straw, not you. Don't swear, don't bait, don't troll. If you have a problem with that, you will be invited to stay away permanently.

Never had a problem with you guys till THESE forums. But i certainly will be anticipating a happy resolution in game.

My parenting skills (or lack thereof) will not get me banned. Your ego and potty mouth will, on the other hand get you bounced.

Change your tude, or find another ball to play with, Hey! there's three of you, buy your own server and play with yourselves.

KG1
Let's review, shall we?

1. Casper gets kicked today after at least three (maybe more, I don't remember I told him so many times) warnings by me after saying "God damn" and then arguing it is not a curse word. Casper has been kicked at least three times by me for the same thing he got kicked for today and after being warned every single time and arguing about it, the last time as recently as yesterday.

2. Happy has nothing to do with what is going on today between me and Casper yet chimes in repeatedly with insulting and derogatory comments directed towards me. Should have been kicked in light of his history, but I let it ride. Happy just came off a one week perm ban suspension for insulting Sac but was let back in after groveling around publicly and promising to keep his mouth shut. Fail.

3. Pearcobbler, who contrary to his post, is not some disinterested third party but a player who sits in a non-NJ vent server with his buddy Happy while he plays on NJ, chimes in during my back and forth with Casper to argue that "god damn" is not cursing, the Ten Commandments to the contrary. We're all then treated to a weird and tortured linguistics lesson in the forums filled with references to little girls, grandmothers, serpents and Abraham Lincoln, all in some sort of bizarre effort to argue that "god damn" is not cursing. After KG points out the utter absurdity of that position, and the "we have kids that play here" rationale behind the no cursing rule that has been in effect since day one on the NJ server, the "god damn is not cursing" argument is apparently abandoned and KG is told that he is a bad parent for letting his kids play here in the first place.

4. Bubba, who has been banned six times for hacking on the server (according to what he told me last week), expresses his love for Casper, Pearcobbler and Happy.

5. Happy, for the second time in the last several days, points out that NJ is a "dying" server because COD Black Ops will be out soon and he will be moving on to greener pastures and not gracing us with his presence....although he was in-game as often as he could be today on the rare occasions when a spot opened up on our "dying" server, ranked in the 99th percentile of the 14,000 COD4 servers that are out there to play on.

Bottom line? I've got a history here that goes back a while, a hell of a lot longer than any of you. I'm not going anywhere....but, if what I hear from the other admins is any indication, you guys need to think about moving on if you can't get used to the idea that the admins run the server, not you.

The Rules for a Gunfight:

1. Bring a gun. In fact, bring two guns. Bring all your friends who have guns.

2. Incoming fire has the right of way.

3. Flank when possible. Protect yours.

This has escalated well beyond a dispute will Padre (which whom I side with) to a full-on accusation against all admins.
As Straw said earlier, if you have an issue with an admin, PROVIDE PROOF. This 'guilty until proven innocent' crap is ridiculous. Players and hackers are given more thought and consideration than admins ever dream of being given.

Since you are so intent on having these profanity's added to the bot's auto-kick dictionary, I'm quite sure that can be arranged. But tell me, what would be your grounds for these accusations then? Hmm?

G1

""Don't quote my quotes!" - Fruits" - Rattle

What you guys, Casper, Happy, Pearcobbler and Bubba are all doing is missing the point. We have rules on this server that need to be adhered to. As KG1 said "you are guests on this server" nothing more nothing less.

Regardless of what you think, breaking the rules and or pushing the boundaries as you do is not on. Follow the rules and you won't have this hassle. It's as simple as that, end of line!