Net-Jam

Suggestions?

I know I said that I would be back online more than two weeks ago, but the option of getting a new desktop has become available. So I've been trying to decipher the mess of components.

This is the short list of what I've come up with so far. Nothing is final and I would really appreciate any help.

CPU: Intel i7 - 3770k

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti? - MSI? - Asus? - Gigabyte - I know I want Nvidia, but honestly I'm a bit out of my depth here.

MB: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe

RAM: 16GB - Corsair?

PSU: I've been told good things about Corsair PSUs

G1

""Don't quote my quotes!" - Fruits" - Rattle

I guess it all depends on budget too.

Any of the three nvidia video adapters will be ok Gryph. They're all about the same really.
One may have more DDR5 RAM than the others though.

Corsair is good RAM, get Vengeance, it's economic and performs well for the price.

The Asus board will be ok, it's a great MB with everything you will need. It's directed at professionals/high end gamers and has features you'll probably never use but hey, it'll kick arse and take names lol.

Yes, overall corsair is a good make and their general range is reliable.

Go for at least a 750W although depending also on the amount of hard-drives you want. more than two go for a 1000W+ as with more than two drives and the GTX660 TI, the current requirements will be high. The motherboard you have spec'd is capable of either SLI or Crossfire so maybe get a PSU that is capable of having an additional 660 TI added later so a 1000W+ PSU will be the go.
This is going to be my work machine as well, so I will be needing a more robust setup. Now the Asus board has all the features I want, but I have heard both good and bad things about Asus. With the CPU I settled on it mostly because it's Ivy Bridge. As far as the GPU... I know the 560 Ti used to be the king, and when I saw the 660 Ti at a somewhat reasonable $300 USD, I'm half guessing that this is the new sweet spot.

I know you guys, and especially you Steve are more up on this than I am. So I wanted to know what you would recommend? Keeping in mind I'm trying to stay on the high side of the sweet spot price wise.

G1

""Don't quote my quotes!" - Fruits" - Rattle