Net-Jam

The Colorful History of Spenman1

Hello All. After reading Hostilehamster's "Friendly Introduction," I'd like to share my history with the server.

I bought COD 4 for the Mac (yes, the Mac!) in December of 2010. I started playing and found the Net-Jam Hardcore was my favorite server, and so I continued to play there. My first thought on the NJA tags were that they meant Ninja, and whenever I see an NJA tag today that's how I read it.

I got up to rank 55 and then started a couple other accounts, Spenman2, Spenman3, etc, but got bored with those and went back to Spenman1 to try to get all of the golden guns.

I think a little while after I got rank 55 there was the EnemyoftheState event (anyone else remember him?) Some obvious wall hacker and aimbot got on the server and had another hack that stopped him from being banned. Eventually, he was banned but not after a while.

Sometime (Not sure when) the server got a new IP address and I, of course, started playing there. I'm fairly certain it was a test server. I think that that was really when the server didn't have as many people on it. Eventually it was switched back to the same IP and things continued as normal.

I got a little sidetracked from COD 4 playing other games, and in Fall 2011 my computer got stolen, and with it my COD account. Luckily, the insurance covered it but I still had to start over.

And that's all, the colorful history of Spenman1.

Sometimes the intelligent parts of posts are ignored.

A shame about your computer being stolen... I hate people who steal with a vengeance....

Been great having regulars like yourself who have stuck with us through thick and then, especially after a couple of IP address changes which has really taken it's toll on the server population recently.

Get on mumble with us, especially over the weekends as the NJA family is really a bunch of fun people :d

Thanks for sticking with us Spen, we appreciate all of our regulars muchly [EMOJI:https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0] especially when they've been round for a few years now [EMOJI:https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0]

Steve-O
Hi Spen,

Always nice to see a regular stop by in the forums. As Steve said, your participation has been much appreciated over the years and various changes we have gone through.

The fact that you own a Mac worries me, but I'm sure I'll be able to move past that ;-).

You should definitely hop in mumble with us if you can - the banter is endless (until Steve-O's ping gets to high and he has to leave).

A colourful history indeed :)

Wab