Net-Jam

The suspense is killing me...

BC2 arrives today!

So for two hours today while waiting for my copy of BC2 to arrive I spent researching the latest console gaming news (mostly Nintendo). Apparently Nintendo is moving their Handhelds into 3D games using 3D technology that doesn't require glasses (probably multiple screens layered instead of one screen projecting two diff images).
Nintendo has several hit titles under development right now including:
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Metroid: Other M
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Mario Sports
Kid Icarus
Goldeneye (strictly on Wii)

Zelda looks like it's going to be an extreme disappointment. They put full motion-sensitivity into it so that you literally control the sword with every motion, unlike Twilight Princess's automatic motions. The problem with this, however, is that during the E3 demonstration the creator of the game couldn't even get it to work right. Also, they took the graphics a step down or two.

Metroid looks good, but I haven't actually liked the gameplay of Metroid since they took it 3D. I'll have to test this game out to see if it's any good, plus the graphics look pretty cool.

Donkey Kong is another Donkey Kong Country game with the same gameplay setup as the Super Nintendo. Not too impressive, but definitely looks to be a fun classic remake.

Mario Sports is.. well.. Just that - Mario's gang playing sports such as basketball, volleyball, hockey, etc.

Kid Icarus looks like another great game starring Pit. Looks to be full 3D, and the game footage looked really good.

Goldeneye might be a let-down story-wise, but definitely a good game. From what I understand they're taking Goldeneye 007 from N64 and remaking it for Wii. Not very original, but will catch the eye of those millions of fans of the N64 game.

In other news, Sony is mimicking Wii and creating motion-sensitive technology for their future games (woo... not). From what I understand the only advantage that Sony has over Nintendo is their graphics and 3D support (both of which I couldn't care less about)

I didn't find much information on Microsoft's future gaming, but I'm sure it's not very impressive.. They're on what, version 20 of the xBox 360 now? It seems like every three or four months they release a "NEW" 360.

About three hours after I finished doing all of this research I found out that the mailman crammed my copy of BC2 into my mailbox instead of ringing the doorbell :(. Oh well, now I'm 1/3 of the way through updating and I'm sooo bored!

Lunar-1.png

Microsoft are coming out with Kenetic. Look it up... Looks like its going to amazing... Star Wars games will never be the same again

“We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.” - Sovereign Mass Effect