Net-Jam

Merry Happy Holidays!

Hello All - this means you too Fuzzy!

I hope you all have a great holiday over the next week. At the risk of sounding cliche, I also hope this next year will be even more exciting. I've been keeping tabs on the new PC tech that is coming down the line. Virtual Reality is looking like it'll become a reality sometime mid-next year. From what I've read, a truly effective VR system - namely the one coming out by a company bought by facebook called 'Oculus Rift', will require some hefty PC specs (980 Nvidia card, etc) so start putting away those extra dollars into an envelope called '2016 PC fund'. Apart from the prospect of VR making gaming more exciting, knowing that facebook bought Oculus tells me that there will be some incredible new social avenues that will be introduced. I can imagine there will someday be a virtual 'Net Jam' house where all of us can meet up and interact with each other's digitized avatars. Online universities will emerge. Someday you'll be able to download a video into your brain that teaches Kung Fu, then afterwards you can look up and say 'I know Kung Fu'. never mind on the last one...

Other news... Well, I've been playing this new Rainbow Six Siege game with some old friends. Hit me up with a private message if you're interested in joining in on the fun. If you do decide to buy it just know that it requires 'uplay' (a UBI thing) regardless whether you have Steam or not so I would check out cd-keys.com to see what the price is before paying the Steam price. Doger, if you actually get a new PC together soon, I'll buy you a copy of this!!

Saw the new Star Wars movie and thought it was worth the effort to go see. I'll only say this, much better than the last 3 - not as good as the first 3 but I understood that it couldn't be as good or better for various reasons. I like the new characters, could not get into the new droid. The movie did a nice job setting the stage for X number of future movies.

I've recently resumed digitizing all my old music and recorded jams my late friend and I created between 1996 - 2005. He passed away in 2009 and I lost one of my best friends. His late wife handed over all the old cassettes and CDs he and I had recorded over the years inside a large bin/containiner. I always talked about digitizing everything but never really put the effort in. I can't really explain why I haven't but lately I've begun the process and digitized the first 2 tapes. If I find some good stuff during the process, I may put together a compilation of some sort sometime later next year. Not a day goes by that I don't think about my friend at least once. His brother put up a nice memorial, the first song was something we did in 1998 - I did the keys and rudimentary drum machining lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-esQptoNuU

Peace and Love everyone,

Turbo