Net-Jam

Haters!

prime

Hello Y'all

Just putting out my own special report for the haters and hack callers of NET-JAM. A while ago it was said that if you're just going to call out hacks, without spec'ing, there would be a kick. What happened to this? Some of us, yourselves included, play at a level most need a ladder to get to. I personally, am attacked daily if not hourly. I always follow it up with feel free to spec me, make a demo, submit it to net-jam (along with there current score aka Mr. 3 and 22). Lately however these accounts of my skill and the frequency of myself being called out, has gotten out of hand. This is true for other players of skill as well I'm sure. Frankly I'm tired of having this take away from the fun I'm trying to have. I've backed you all up when people bad mouth the admins, which also happens way to often. Just as you have all backed me up. Soooo.... how's about a new addition to the rules?

If you are going to call someone out, without spec'ing them give them the boot. Send a message... We're here to take care of these issues, If you as a player are willing to do your part. Admins wanna kill too!!! Am I right?

Even when I'm on Teamspeak with you guys, and I see something fishy, I wont tell you who I'm looking at before I get my spec on. As admins I get you want to play as well, and I am not going to take that time away from you without first seeing for myself.

And yes... Haters are gonna Hate!
Hey Prime,

Thanks for your post, I think you've got some good points there.

There was a recent case in point where a long time regular was banned, and part of the reason for this was the unsubstantiated calls of "hack" on players who were legit. It was one part of a string of negative behaviour, and it's something we do consider in extreme circumstances.

As far as it becoming a concrete rule, it kind of falls into the area of "respect all players" and crosses over into "chat spam" which all admins/mods can use to warn players. Repeat offenders who continually call hacks without speccing or posting demos are often shared on TS with other admins, it never goes unnoticed.

We have a Senior Admin meeting soon, and no doubt this may come up in our discussions as we're always looking to improve the place : ) It's good feedback because we need to know these things from the players who cop it.

All I can say for now, is that the other thing that never goes unnoticed is how good legit players like yourself handle the constant critics, hang in there.

salad(s)

~ salad(s)

Prime, you are an unbelievable player, and clean, some just cannot understand/comprehend that. If I am on while your on, I'll back you up every time, and gladly get players off your back if need be.

Hang in there brotha

Kov
wrote:
Hello Y'all

Just putting out my own special report for the haters and hack callers of NET-JAM. A while ago it was said that if you're just going to call out hacks, without spec'ing, there would be a kick. What happened to this? Some of us, yourselves included, play at a level most need a ladder to get to. I personally, am attacked daily if not hourly. I always follow it up with feel free to spec me, make a demo, submit it to net-jam (along with there current score aka Mr. 3 and 22). Lately however these accounts of my skill and the frequency of myself being called out, has gotten out of hand. This is true for other players of skill as well I'm sure. Frankly I'm tired of having this take away from the fun I'm trying to have. I've backed you all up when people bad mouth the admins, which also happens way to often. Just as you have all backed me up. Soooo.... how's about a new addition to the rules?

If you are going to call someone out, without spec'ing them give them the boot. Send a message... We're here to take care of these issues, If you as a player are willing to do your part. Admins wanna kill too!!! Am I right?

Even when I'm on Teamspeak with you guys, and I see something fishy, I wont tell you who I'm looking at before I get my spec on. As admins I get you want to play as well, and I am not going to take that time away from you without first seeing for myself.

And yes... Haters are gonna Hate!

NOPE GONNA MAKE SURE THE WHOLE SERVER KNOWS YOU'RE A HACKER LOL /s

It really does suck. I've gotten to the point where I just troll those people, as it's not worth my time to explain that yes, some people are actually good at the game.
I get called out nearly every map I play (and if not, definitely every day I play more than 2 hours) when I'm not lagging to pieces. It's annoying until you start ignoring chat. Is it sometimes annoying to ignore chat? Definitely, but it's a small price to pay in my opinion. I'm right there with you on this.

Everywhere you go in online gaming it's going to be the same. Very few people have the guts to suck it up when they get wrecked in a game and realize they're just not better than someone else, which is sort of a double edged sword because admitting defeat is one of the key steps into improving yourself as a player. It's annoying for you and it holds them back. However, some people will never learn that.

I play a lot of CS:GO and in competitive play it's the same thing unless players are very well known. Better players need tough skin in this day and age. Not saying you don't have tough skin, just making a point of how bad hackusations have become across any platform and nearly every game that's multiplayer.

With that being said, contributing to the server and ignoring the chat at the same time is hard to do. You just have to find a balance between the two. I usually don't play cod4 unless someone in NJA is on the server, and usually they will always say I'm clean or distinguish the assumption the player(s) have of me hacking. There hasn't been one time that I remember that they haven't. And if I do play when NJA members aren't online, I usually let them know of repeat offenders for future reference.

My suggestion is to make a bind to reduce your time chatting to naysayers that just says "Spec me" or something along the lines of that. It'll take less than 2 seconds to hit and you're back in the game dropping bombs and 1 tapping people. If it goes on, from my experience, NJA does a great job at handling it. That's a big reason why I still play on their server. I can't count how many times NJA has backed my gameplay up with a quick "he's clean" or "he's not hacking" or something else to diffuse the situation (looking at you and Empress, Boards, and Gryph :d)

Just my 2 cents. Hang in there man.

iKMPQ1X.png

bLZiz52.png.ca67a5c2473e48d690a2bd9dcb31c9ca.png