Net-Jam

Dark Knight Rises

vietfood wrote:
too bad that idiots live in colorado. blame on the "right to bear arms."

Guns don't kill people; people kill people. Regardless of gun laws, people who want to do malicious things to others will be able to get their hands on guns. The only thing that gun laws do is prevent law-abiding citizens from being armed. Think about it: If someone else in that theater had a gun, or if multiple people in there had guns, that guy would've been shot before he could've killed and injured so many people.
Fierce wrote:
vietfood wrote:
too bad that idiots live in colorado. blame on the "right to bear arms."

Guns don't kill people; people kill people. Regardless of gun laws, people who want to do malicious things to others will be able to get their hands on guns. The only thing that gun laws do is prevent law-abiding citizens from being armed. Think about it: If someone else in that theater had a gun, or if multiple people in there had guns, that guy would've been shot before he could've killed and injured so many people.
yeah pwn said he's never going to a movie again and wont go see it with me now because of this. ugh
Just read a news article where a madman went on a killing spree killing 12 and wounding 59 people on the movie screening night. Sending my condolences to those who have died and wounded ( _ _)> BTW, how's the movie?... Can't wait to watch it myself.

Don't quote my quotes!

Fierce is right, it's people who kill people. The only people who carry guns here (in Australia) are the police, and criminals who carry guns regardless of gun laws and those idiots usually end up dead.

The general public here in Australia have no access to guns unless of course they belong to a gun club where the weapons are not allowed to leave the club. This means that the Australian public can go to a batman movie (Newb and pwn, you'll be safe here lol) without the fear of being blown away. In fact they can go anywhere without the fear of being shot!

So, the "right to bear arms" is a flawed concept that is totally unnecessary. Criminals will always get and use guns regardless of this right whereas in a society where guns are not freely available, sick idiots cannot get a firearm and blow the shit out of innocent people.

These type of shootings are starting to happen several times a year now in the states. If you look at models, these shootings don't happen in countries where gun laws are very strict. Obviously there are the odd exceptions. In my opinion, and this is just imo, maybe it's time for a change in the US constitution. Something that was created a couple of hundred years ago isn't really very relevant today.

It's an interesting debate and will be interesting to hear what the rest of you guys think, especially those who live in the USA.

Having said all that though, if I lived in the US I would most definitely have a license to carry because like Fierce said which is very relevant, had there been someone in the cinema carrying they could have shot this madman and saved lives. And I haven't contradicted myself, If I lived in a country that has laws like the states I would feel the need to absolutely protect myself and family. There's too many poster boys for the local loony bins walking around and muggers who have no regard for life.

A sad time for the many families of the people killed and a hard time for those wounded.

Steve-O
Ps. Can't believe Pwn ditched you Newb. I heard that he decided Fierce would be a better date. Well, when I say better I mean more submissive hehehe
In an ideal world, we'd get rid of firearms altogether, with the only exceptions being the police and armed forces. Alas, this is impossible, so we have to deal with what we've got. The second amendment in the Bill of Rights, the aforementioned "right to bear arms" is indeed an outdated statement that doesn't have much relevancy today. However, since it's part of such a historical document, I doubt they'll just remove it. Perhaps a new amendment IS necessary, like Steve said.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as guns exist, the wrong people will have continuous access to guns. Restricting access to firearms, as I've said, hardly deters someone from getting a gun if they REALLY want to get one for some reason. Because of this, I think it'd be a more logical idea to allow EVERYONE to have guns, so as to deter any gun related crime, as pulling out a gun on someone might cause them to pull their own out in return. The other side of this argument, however, is very much relevant and I agree with many of the points that I've read and heard before.

As for my date with Pwn...what can I say? Give, and you shall reap the benefits ;D
Fierce wrote:
In an ideal world, we'd get rid of firearms altogether, with the only exceptions being the police and armed forces. Alas, this is impossible, so we have to deal with what we've got. The second amendment in the Bill of Rights, the aforementioned "right to bear arms" is indeed an outdated statement that doesn't have much relevancy today. However, since it's part of such a historical document, I doubt they'll just remove it. Perhaps a new amendment IS necessary, like Steve said.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as guns exist, the wrong people will have continuous access to guns. Restricting access to firearms, as I've said, hardly deters someone from getting a gun if they REALLY want to get one for some reason. Because of this, I think it'd be a more logical idea to allow EVERYONE to have guns, so as to deter any gun related crime, as pulling out a gun on someone might cause them to pull their own out in return. The other side of this argument, however, is very much relevant and I agree with many of the points that I've read and heard before.

As for my date with Pwn...what can I say? Give, and you shall reap the benefits ;D
At least he'll go to a movie with you lol