Net-Jam

Hackers everywhere!

I heard that steam and punk buster are not playing very well with each other, so you have turned PB off. Well all is fine and dandy until the hackers arrive with no admins present. Something needs to be done or a lot of regulars are gonna stop playing here.

Either increase your admins greatly or allow in game voting. Something has to be done or I and a lot of others are not gonna play here.

Caspersim
We are sorry you had some hackers on today, We know how upsetting it can get.

We are ting to fix this ongoing problem, but do to the overwhelming hackers and their abilities, It is hard to catch them ALL.

With that being said, We removed PB in order to give you gamers a more lag free gaming and with the greatly reduced LAG comes greatly incressed amount of HACKERS. All of our admins work hard EVERYDAY to spot, report and remove hackers from the server. Getting more admins is a good idea but in order to do a good job they need to fit a certain criteria set forth by the server owner. If we just started handing out admins with RCON passwords the server would be OVER RAN and nobody would have a place to enjoy.

So here is something you can do to help.. At the top of this page is a link bar to ADMINS, in that is each admins name and X-FIRE. You can report hackers through X-FIRE, as well as posting here. Keep in mind posting "WE have hackers" in our server is good to know, but reporting their IN-GAME name will help out greatly.

I hope this little bit of information helps you out. We enjoy having everyone and you playing on our server. We at NET-JAM are striving towards a HACK-FREE gaming server where ALL of us NON-HACKERS can play with our skill. Please feel free to PM me ANYTIME... Also keep in mind to keep this great server going and updated with software to fight off hackers all cost money, The time is nearing for donations..

Thank you
One thing you can do is record the hacker as they play. Try to get at least 3 good clips of them using some sort of hack (unless it's downright obvious, but even then), and then send the file to one of the admins. They'll take care of it from there :)
Again, tonight plagued by a hacker, VoodooHD. And yet again no admin on. Please open the vote so we can at least deal with them w/o an admin.

He was a 'good' hacker that was only seeing thru walls, no aimbot and not too much blatant wall hacking, just knowing where people were really well.

I can confirm what Caspersim said, except this guy was definitely blatant when he finally realized that everyone knew that he was walling. At least for me, he repeatedly tracked and walled me. I'd go more in-depth as to UAV and my use of Jammer and whatnot, but it's irrelevant. Maybe he was angry I kept quickscoping him :)
Caspersim wrote:
I heard that steam and punk buster are not playing very well with each other, so you have turned PB off. Well all is fine and dandy until the hackers arrive with no admins present. Something needs to be done or a lot of regulars are gonna stop playing here.

Either increase your admins greatly or allow in game voting. Something has to be done or I and a lot of others are not gonna play here.

Caspersim

I stopped playing here for a while because of the hackers and thought I would try this weekend, but it was worse. There was one guy on (I don't want to give the wrong name) with a aimbot and wh. Nam tried to find someone and couldn't. Guess I will go back to BF2

I also wanted to point out that I know that the admins are out numbered and that they do the best they can.
  • 2 weeks later...
If I knew how to code something similar to PB to detect the hacks being used by players that doesn't cause lag through steam and what not. I'd be on the case writing the program for you lot. My suggestion is, those with program building knowledge to the effect of a PB setup, make their name known and start working with the folks at NJA to weed out the hackers.

It is extremely frustrating for the legit players and admins alike, NJA have strict guildlines which all members must adhere too even if they know the player(s) are hacking blatantly. To reduce the risk, get your XFires out and add the admins along with downloading Vent so that you can speak to the Admins directly. I haven't been around for roughly a month or so thanks to other things coming in to my life that are more important than gaming of late.

Step up and help out, I do my best to point out suss players to the Admins either in-game or through their XFires. I am yet to add some of the other admins but I don't see them as often in the server enough to actually be bothered adding them. I add the more active admins that know will step up and check it out no matter what they're doing (unless it's personal -chuckles-). And I haven't been bothered to download Ventrillo, TS2 or TS3 since my reformat three weeks ago.

Anyways, enough of my rant... congrats to Ace for becoming an NJA Admin finally and I'll be sure to help out in the server in catching the hackers. For now take care and best wishes to you all, I'll shoot you all when I can :p

It is not how hard we hit, but as to how hard we get hit and still move forward!