Net-Jam

PB help

I keep getting kicked by PB. I get in game and start getting warnings about CVAR must be 20000 to 25000. After 3 warnings, I get the boot and it says CVAR 5000 or something like that. Google told me to drop console and type /seta 20000. No joy.....

Help.

The Rules for a Gunfight:

1. Bring a gun. In fact, bring two guns. Bring all your friends who have guns.

2. Incoming fire has the right of way.

3. Flank when possible. Protect yours.

Hi!

That particular CVAR is the game's rate of communication with the server. There used to be a setting in the menu in older games based on the same engine (Return to Castle Wolfenstein) for 56k modem that would cut the speed down sacrificing gameplay for playability. I don't think it's in the menu anymore.

Type this in the console and you should be ok:

/rate 25000

Note that for any CVAR violations you get you should be able to pull the full console down with SHIFT + ~ and read exactly what CVAR is wrong (it will say something like CVAR "rate" must be between 20000 and 25000)
I guess I have a reinstall in my future per PB. What Dag said fixed the cvar problem...now I get kicked for key packets, ini failures, and one that says an update problem...but I am updated. I'm hopeful that the lag problem will be solved by the reinstall as well. It's like watching a slide show the first 3 or 4 minutes, then it's just a lag spike every 5 or 6 seconds. I'll let you know Anubis.

The Rules for a Gunfight:

1. Bring a gun. In fact, bring two guns. Bring all your friends who have guns.

2. Incoming fire has the right of way.

3. Flank when possible. Protect yours.