Net-Jam

Super awesome players - why play for free when you could earn big $$$?

If I was a super awesome player, like a few that frequent the NJ server, I'd probably get in on the e-sports FPS action. These are usually team games that require team members to communicate and work well with each other as a team (Oh). If you're a super awesome player perhaps you could actually make a living playing games and winning huge cash prizes! I sure wish I had the gaming skills to do so.

https://www.esportsearnings.com/games

It looks like CS:GO is the current FPS earning people $$:

CS:GO
$47,825,338.01
9234 Players
3047 Tournaments

Recent trourney -Eleague Major, Boston, Mass. 1/28/2018:
1st Place
Clan Cloud9
United States
autimatic
Rush
Skadoodle
Stewie2k
tarik
$500,000.00

Wow, so each guy went home with $100,000 so basically DONE working for the year. Not too shabby.
  • 3 weeks later...
wrote:
That's right! Forgot about those revenue streams. I guess the catch with those though, is you'd need some social skills/personality.

Most people just watch whoever is best that is semi-popular so they can learn from them. This is especially true for League of Legends. But most pros have taken a "big brother" type of streaming style where they just commentate on what they're doing so people can learn easier. CSGO is a bit different.. most people generally watch the big pros (Shroud, before he retired, could pull in 15-20k viewers at any given time just by playing CSGO and turning his stream on). I haven't watched CSGO streams in years, though, it could have changed by now.

iKMPQ1X.png

bLZiz52.png.ca67a5c2473e48d690a2bd9dcb31c9ca.png