Net-Jam

New map rotation desired

To the Net Jam Goddesses!

The people have spoken, and they would like to see a new map rotation.

For me personally, I would love to see all the maps put in except crates and that paintball one. Maybe rotate in a such a way that the most popular ones (ergo the current maps in rotation) come up twice as often as the lesser popular ones.

Who are the people that asked about this during gameplay? I don't remember specific names but in the last month, at least 30 or more people have chimed in.

Please appease us Net Jam goddesses, and wipe away our desires with a miracle. A new map rotation.

Turbinski
Yeah I agree,the current maps are getting boring.It would be cool of maps like Killhouse and Wet Works (highly requested by many people) are included in the map rotation.Another map I'd like to see added is downpour since its an interesting map and shipment is too small anyway.Hope I can a new map rotation
So, some clarification is in order. We don't have a map "rotation" anymore, but rather a system you could think of as tiered randomization. Any map is possible to be played given the correct number of players, with certain maps more likely than others. Simply put, every single stock map in CoD4 is available to be played provided X# of players is met. This prevents Shipment from being played with 22 players or Bloc with 12.

This system has worked beautifully over the last several months and won't be going anywhere. What can change is how often certain maps appear. Example: Countdown and Wetwork have a very small probability of being played, and in comparison Downpour and Winter Crash has roughly 1/5000 chance of being played.

So with this in mind, what are you asking for? X map to be slightly more likely or something else?

G1

""Don't quote my quotes!" - Fruits" - Rattle

LoL, well I guess all the maps are in the rotation so we're good! Seriously though, some of the larger maps that are currently coming up most often are actually as large as, or larger than some of the maps that are not coming up at all, if ever. Let's pretend we're all "customers" and what you just explained doesn't make enough sense for us to use the apprpriate words or terms to ask for what we really want. But being the keen Customer Support Engineer you are, your instincts immediately understands what the customers really want. Mind you, of course, most of these customers are non-paying customers :-)

Yet, they will still come because it's the NJ server experience that override all other desires. The players like the rules and the server settings... I'll bet many feel more 'at home' seeing the same familiar faces night after night... some may even pretend that these are friends of theirs and that all is well in the world. "If only it would rain once in a while", they say. And they ain't talkin about bullets!

I told some of the guys that I would ask, so hey, I asked... Done my deed.

Turbo
Speaking of two majestic unicorns bumping....

I can't wait to see Game of Thrones season finale when:

SPOILER ALERT BELOW - DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR SURPRISE TO BE SPOILED!!!!

Spoiler: Not quite how spoilers work there Turbo -G1Show
From map rotation to unicorns bumping to GoT, this has got to be Net-Jam's weirdest forum.

Spoiler: This is how spoilers work -G1Show
There you go. I've waited years for season 7 to happen... meaning I thought the first 6 were 'teases' and season 7 and 8 are all the chaos that was promised to us blowing up all at once. Exception was the last 2 episodes in season 6 were pretty awesome too.

Now if HBO could do a PROPER recreate of the following books I would die a happy man:
(1) ALL the Dune books - this includes all the original Frank Herbert books AND all of Brian Herbert's books (his son), maybe even done up in chronological order.
(2) A proper redo of the 'Sword of Truth' series of books by Terry Goodkind. Yes, there was that Legend of the Seeker series that only lasted 2 seasons... Season 1 was just OK, season 2 was terrible. Regardless, neither were even remotely close to the grittiness of the books.
(3) Consider doing the Saga of Recluce series by L.E. Modessit JR.
(4) Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Maybe a really, really well done animation for this one. Like animation in a quality like that Beowulf movie that had a CGI Angelina Jolie in it, so real looking. This one would just be too expensive to do properly with real actors...

Anyway - Gryphus, I guess the other players didn't want the change badly enough to the map loading behavior, none of the people that said they'd add to the posts of this thread showed up....
Yeah I feel like when the directors gone their own way on Game of Thrones it messes up the timeline of things and the storyline aswell.Hopefully they can do a "reboot" align with the book, but its very unlikely as the cost of doing an episode on GoT is expensive 
wrote:
There you go. I've waited years for season 7 to happen... meaning I thought the first 6 were 'teases' and season 7 and 8 are all the chaos that was promised to us blowing up all at once. Exception was the last 2 episodes in season 6 were pretty awesome too.

Now if HBO could do a PROPER recreate of the following books I would die a happy man:
(1) ALL the Dune books - this includes all the original Frank Herbert books AND all of Brian Herbert's books (his son), maybe even done up in chronological order.
(2) A proper redo of the 'Sword of Truth' series of books by Terry Goodkind. Yes, there was that Legend of the Seeker series that only lasted 2 seasons... Season 1 was just OK, season 2 was terrible. Regardless, neither were even remotely close to the grittiness of the books.
(3) Consider doing the Saga of Recluce series by L.E. Modessit JR.
(4) Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Maybe a really, really well done animation for this one. Like animation in a quality like that Beowulf movie that had a CGI Angelina Jolie in it, so real looking. This one would just be too expensive to do properly with real actors...

Westworld was cool...

wrote:
Anyway - Gryphus, I guess the other players didn't want the change badly enough to the map loading behavior, none of the people that said they'd add to the posts of this thread showed up....

If they did now they'd just be confused.

wrote:
From map rotation to unicorns bumping to GoT, this has got to be Net-Jam's weirdest forum.

You clearly haven't been around here very long. You should do some reading.

G1

""Don't quote my quotes!" - Fruits" - Rattle

wrote:
Lol now I'm scared to go in forums mate
Do you have massive tits or something? actin like a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch lol u mad tho fam? catch that cat 7 hurricane rain like ur mom caught this DICK BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII hahahah toot toot still have ur recorder too

Lead Anchor and primary Reporter of the Net-Jam News Network, reporting what's important, not necessarily true!

Send unto me the finest burnt cheeses, and I shall bless your nachos, your quesadillas, your enchiladas, your first born child.

"""Don't quote my quotes!" - Fruits" - Rattle" - Gryphus_1

wrote:
Lol now I'm scared to go in forums mate
Do you have massive tits or something? actin like a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch lol u mad tho fam? catch that cat 7 hurricane rain like ur mom caught this DICK BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII hahahah toot toot still have ur recorder too

That all you have?So your insult is basically just 12 year old virgin gamer jokes and you expect me to get triggered or something, you gotta up your game if you're be savage because what you just wrote isn't even worthy of a comeback, or better yet get a life.