Net-Jam

Models Thread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice Hint! Complex model to make and really cool to look at. I touched a real one at the Imperial War Museum in London. It had a neat hole in the side where its engine was knocked out. Beautiful work man, thanks for sharing!

Boards

wrote:
Very nice Hint! Complex model to make and really cool to look at. I touched a real one at the Imperial War Museum in London. It had a neat hole in the side where its engine was knocked out. Beautiful work man, thanks for sharing!

Wow! you touched real Jagdpanther? very nice! how was that?
It was very exciting and kind of spooky to touch a real German tank knocked out in combat, Hint. The tank was smaller than I expected it to be and externally, it had no damage other than the 4 x 6-7 cm holes in the side. Sorry, there were four holes. I only remember one. See picture below:

jagdpanther%20damage_zpsx9m7th0b.jpg

Edit: You have to fiddle with the links to get them working sometimes. -G1

Boards

jagdpanther%20damage_zpsx9m7th0b.jpg
Thanks your story boards. It's great! This is early edition with Zimmerit Coating. It was hard to penetrate from front with these ages tanks, T-34/85, KV-85, M4A2 Sherman 75mm, M4A4 Sherman 76.2mm, and so on... It need to shoot from side or behind. I think this is one of proofs. nice.
Thanks for fixing the image, Hint. Glad you liked the story and photo. Your knowledge about tanks is very impressive! Apparentley, this Jagdpanther was knocked out in Belgium by a British Cromwell tank which had a 75 mm gun. There is a debate over whether it had an engine fire before being hit.

I have always loved the Jagdpanther. It is a beautiful, dark, killing machine. The shape is so German and functional.

Boards

When you were getting the full size image I'm assuming you're getting something like this:
Copy
http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w565/marcusendean/jagdpanther%20damage_zpsx9m7th0b.jpg~original

When you link and image with the [img][/img] tags you need to make sure the extension (.jpg) is always the last thing. So it needs to ditch the "~original" like this:

Copy
[img]http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w565/marcusendean/jagdpanther%20damage_zpsx9m7th0b.jpg[/img]

G1

""Don't quote my quotes!" - Fruits" - Rattle

• 3 weeks later...
Great work once again, Hint! Your KV-1 looks so realistic! It's amazing how your excellent paintwork makes it difficult to guess the scale of the model. Really good job man! You have become a tank maniac. Thanks for sharing, Hint.

Boards

You are right, pabloh. The Tiger 1 was a really tough tank with the best gun and optics. Being too heavy and underpowered in the engine department produced lots of mechanical problems. Still, cool to look at, awesome armour and that unbeatable 88 mm.

Boards

• 2 months later...
Fun fact about the Iosef-3, there's a long rumored defensive line in the Russian Far East military sector, that stretches much of the Russian border with China. It consists of bunkers, ammunition and fuel stores, and lines upon lines of buried-to-the-turret, camouflaged, IS-3s. Apparently thousands of them. Read about it in one of the books I have about Soviet Union military tactics, and then again in The Bear and the Dragon, by Tom Clancy, will have to find it (the USSR tactics book) again.

Lead Anchor and primary Reporter of the Net-Jam News Network, reporting what's important, not necessarily true!

Send unto me the finest burnt cheeses, and I shall bless your nachos, your quesadillas, your enchiladas, your first born child.

"""Don't quote my quotes!" - Fruits" - Rattle" - Gryphus_1